University College London Hospital Installs 30 Purehold PRO hygienic door handles
The Purehold PRO hygienic door handles were installed onto 5 ward entrances at University College London Hospital near Euston during September of 2012. Initial data indicated good results so consquently the hospital added further units to those being trialled.
There are now 30 Purehold PRO handles at this leading hospital, demonstrating the tangible benefits of taking a proactive approach to hand hygiene!
- "Brilliant idea" (staff)
- "It's a brilliant, clever idea" (staff)
- "A bit of a shock the first time, but great Idea" (staff)
- "I am in support of the gel as it reduces infection spread" (staff)
- "Would like to see them on entrances to all wards and clinical rooms" (staff)
- "Gotcha, you've been cleaned!" (staff)
- "I fell for the gel beacause of its mandatory hand cleaning factor, the nice smell and the practicality of it. It's different but ingenious! Well done!" (staff)
- "Gel has a nice, moisturising feel to it" (staff)
- "The quickest way to clean : no mess, no fuss" (staff)
- "Hooray for the Hygiene Handle" (staff)
- "Spreading the gel, to kill the germs!" (staff)
Click here to read an article in Building Better Healthcare about the UCLH installation of Purehold PRO hygienic door handles
Marginal Gains from hand hygiene?
A top premiership club has recently installed Hygienic Door Handles into its training ground facility as part of a suite of measures to improve marginal gains.
» READ MORE
WHY USE THE HYGIENE HANDLE?
Contaminated fingers could sequentially transfer a virus to up to seven clean surfaces
[Journal of Hospital Infection Volume 58, 2004]
To find out more about us or to arrange a demonstration of the Hygiene Handle please either call +44 (0)23 9229 9100 or email us