Cleanroom Contamination & Cleanroom Doors
Cleanroom contamination can be a major problem for companies and despite advances in technology, cleanroom cleaning and hygiene procedures; unwanted microorganisms often enter these controlled environments on staff hands – with a major source of the cross contamination coming being the cleanroom doors (in particular the cleanroom door handles). These touch points are used by thousands of staff each year so it’s no wonder that cross contamination is possible.
The Hygiene Handle is able to minimise cleanroom contamination by ensuring that each person that enters through the cleanroom door has clean hands. It does this by applying sanitising hand gel to the users hand as they open the cleanroom door. The Hygiene Handle complements existing cleanroom cleaning procedures by ensuring that cross contamination at the point of entry is no longer an issue.
The Hygiene Handle can be used on a number of doors, such as :
- Cleanroom doors (as a final barrier to prevent pathogens entering the clinical processing area)
- Gowning room doors (helps minimise contamination coming into your clean area)
- Toilet doors (helps minimise pathogens from exiting the bathroom)
- Micro lab doors (helps prevent pathogens from coming out of your lab and into you clean area)
- Main Facility / Building Entrance (helps reduce pathogens from even entering the building)
Marginal Gains from hand hygiene?
A top premiership club has recently installed Hygienic Door Handles into its training ground facility as part of a suite of measures to improve marginal gains.
» READ MORE
WHY USE THE HYGIENE HANDLE?
The Pure Hold Hygiene Handle is a truly exciting development in the field of infection prevention. The original concept, thoughtful design and simple accessibility and ease of use will provide an extremely useful tool for improving hand-hygiene compliance in any institution
[Matt Richardson, Head of Infection Prevention at Queen Alexandra Hospital Portsmouth]
To find out more about us or to arrange a demonstration of the Hygiene Handle please either call +44 (0)23 9229 9100 or email us